With an abundance of non-stop excitement both on and off the track, it’s little wonder that 2019’s instalment of Castle Combe Circuit’s Forge Action Day event – held on Saturday, 7 September – was one of the most popular of its kind ever held.
Conditions were dry and mostly sunny throughout for the Forge Motorsport-sponsored event, with the scenic Wiltshire venue playing host to over 2000 stunning show cars across its paddocks, divided up over hundreds of dedicated car clubs. Amongst these clubs, the following were ultimately chosen for their stand-out displays:
- Small Club of the Show: Abarth Culture
- Large Club of the Show: ST-OC.com
- Overall Club of the Show: Stripped and Styled
Also within these display areas, there was also a hotly-contested Show and Shine competition – proudly supported by cleaning guru Meguiar’s – with judges eventually choosing the following proud owners as the winners on the day:
- 3rd: Alex Roberts, Vauxhall Astra VXR Nürburgring
- 2nd: Adam Elvin, Mk1 VW Golf G60
- 1st: Liam Miller, Ford Escort Cosworth
- ‘Meguiar’s Choice’ award: Nick Phillips, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
Talking of awards, the coveted ‘Car of the Show’ trophy – also hand-picked by our team of judges – eventually went to the well-deserved Max Hawkes and his beautifully-built Mk3 VW Golf Cabriolet over on the Pipercross Air Filters stand.
With Forge Motorsport backing the day, it will probably come as no surprise to hear that the vast Trade Village area was once again jam-packed with some of the finest performance car companies in the business – not least Forge itself, who had a huge presence in the heart of this area.
Out on the 1.85-mile circuit itself, the action was equally as electrifying throughout the day. The backbone of the event was once again the 15-minute public track time slots scattered throughout – a feature that once again proved incredibly popular, with an eclectic mix of four-wheeled machinery being pushed to its limit.
There were also the white-knuckle passenger rides, with pro drivers taking daring show-goers out in race-prepared machinery – all in the name of raising money for charity.
But arguably the highlight of the on-track entertainment came in the form of the incredible drifting displays. As well as the usual selection of talented drivers taking part here, we were also joined this year by drifting royalty in the form of the ex-‘King of Europe’ Dutch driver, Remmo Niezen, who wowed the crowds with his monstrous supercharged V8 BMW Z4.
- Castle Combe Circuit still has plenty of thrilling events and race meetings set for the latter half of 2019. Please check out www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk for full listings.
- Keen for more Action Day excitement? Our all-new event for 2019 – Action Day Finale – brings the much-loved formula to the circuit one last time on 12 October. Head over to www.actiondayfinale.co.uk for more information.